TOYOTA has few contenders when it comes to showcasing their pride, confidence and eagerness to always be at the forefront. The unveiling of TOYOTA's five newest models in Indonesia International Motor Show (IIMS) 2012 - namely FJ Cruiser, AGYA, New Hilux D-Cab V, New Prius and New Hi-Ace - is a case in point.
1. The AGYA is marketed as a green car with an engine capacity of 1000 cc and an affordable, below Rp 100 million pricetag. The AGYA is designed and built with the Indonesian market in mind in terms of mileage, space and affordability - most of all, it adheres to the government's Low Cost Green Car (LCGC) policy which would advantage AGYA owners with special incentive tax breaks.
2. The sturdy and sporty-looking automatic New Hilux D-Cab is the latest addition to Hilux's double-cabin variants, the manual Type E and Type G, and is built to take on various terrains.
3. The latest variants of Prius, New Prius Plug-In and New Prius C, are marketed exclusively through spot orders. Lauded as the most fuel-efficient of TOYOTA's cars, New Prius C is equipped with the Toyota Hybrid System II (THS II) technology with 34.5 km/L fuel consumption.
4. The FJ Cruiser should strike a nostalgic chord in the hearts of hardtop fans as a throwback to the 1960's, the decade in which the legendary FJ40 series was conceived. This sturdy yet sophisticated car is available in two colour choices; a Two Tone in which the hardtop and body come in mismatched colours while Monotone offers a single overall colour for both hardtop and body.
5. With the Hi-Ace's 10-person seating capacity, the brand of comfort and flexibility offered by this minibus could accommodate short-distance mobility for both personal and commercial uses, especially in the rapidly growing tourism industry.